The Common Education Data Standards Initiative is a joint effort by CCSSO and the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) in partnership with the United Staes Department of Education. Educators and policy makers need clear, consistent data about students and schools in order to draw valid comparisons between key indicators of educational success and identify areas where we can improve classroom instruction and student support from early childhood through K-12 education to post secondary education and the workforce.
Education Data & Information Systems
The Education Data & Information Systems initiative engages in collective state leadership and action in three significant areas offering the greatest potential for harnessing the power of information to improve education:
- Designing robust and comprehensive state information systems and a consistent, safe, and secure information architecture
- Developing state capacity and practical resources for accessing, analyzing, and using timely information effectively ...
Education Data & Information Systems Programs
The Education Information Management Advisory Consortium (EIMAC) is CCSSO's network of state education agency officials tasked with data collection and reporting; information system management and design; and assessment coordination. EIMAC advocates on behalf of states to reduce data collection burden and improve the overall quality of the data collected at the national level.
Publications & Resources
- Does Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- Alignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- Key State Education Policies on PK-12 Education: 2008