Teaching to the Core: Integrating Implementation of Common Core and Teacher Effectiveness Policies
|Author(s)||Ross Wiener, The Aspen Institute|
|Publication date||May 2013|
|publication pdf||Teaching to the Core: Integrating Implementation of Common Core and Teacher Effectiveness Policies|
CCSSO and the Aspen Institute released a set of recommendations for forging coherence across common core and educator effectiveness. Teaching to the Core: Integrating Implementation of Common Core and Teacher Effectiveness Policies, suggests ten actions for state leaders to strengthen state implementation of Common Core State Standards and meaningful teacher evaluations.
Common Core and teacher effectiveness policies each are ambitious reforms on their own; together, they have transformational potential to significantly improve student outcomes and equity for all students. Creating a unified improvement agenda from these two initiatives to improve classroom practice demands intensive collaboration across teams and offices in the state education agency (SEA), sophisticated change management, and a focus on continuous improvement. Because these next several years are pivotal for re-orienting the culture of public education toward higher expectations for students and adults, Teaching to the Core offers practical suggestions to state leaders on how to ensure that teachers are using strategies that engage students in learning at high levels.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- Iowa High School English Teacher Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- Iowa High School English Teacher to Be Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- WebsiteSpecial Education Resources for General Educators
- Education Workforce
- WebsiteSCEL Toolkit for SEAS to Increase District Leadership Capacity
- ProgramThe Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC)
- ProgramThe National Teacher of the Year Program
- ProgramDeveloping and Supporting School-Ready Leaders