Statewide Educational Accountability under the NCLB Act—A Report on 2006 Amendments to State Plans
|Publication date||January 2007|
|publication pdf||Statewide Educational Accountability under the NCLB Act—A Report on 2006 Amendments to State Plans|
|Keywords||Indicators-State Education; Standard & Assessments; Accountability; Data Systems; No Child Left Behind/ESEA|
This report summarizes requests submitted by states in 2005-2006 to amend their educational accountability plans under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) and the decisions of the U. S. Department of Education (ED). This report is the fourth in a series of CCSSO papers describing the development and amendment of state accountability plans, and is a cross-state analysis of the types of changes to accountability systems that were requested by states.
All states first submitted plans in 2003 for state education accountability systems that would meet the specific accountability requirements under NCLB. In 2004 and 2005, states submitted a range of requests for amendments to their plans, and CCSSO has led efforts to collect information on all state requests to ED. The newly-released report is a cross-state analysis of the types of changes to accountability systems that were requested by 48 states for the 2005-06 school year.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- PublicationKey State Education Policies on PK-12 Education: 2008
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- PublicationGuide to United States Department of Education Growth Model Pilot Program 2005-2008
- PublicationTRANSFORMING EDUCATION: Delivering on Our Promise to Every Child
- PublicationState Education Indicators with a Focus on Title I 2001-2002
- PublicationValidity Threats: Detection and Control Practices for State and Local Education Officials
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Executive Summary, 2006
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Recommendations, 2006