State Indicators of Science and Mathematics Education 2007
|Author(s)||Rolf K. Blank, Doreen Langesen, Adam Petermann|
|Publication date||January 2007|
|publication pdf||State Indicators of Science and Mathematics Education 2007|
|Keywords||Math & Science Indicators-Science and Math Education|
The present report on state indicators of science and math education for 2007 is the latest in a series of biennial reports on state and national indicators that were initiated in 1991. The reports are intended for use by policymakers, educators, and researchers.
The Council's efforts to develop and report a set of comparable, reliable indicators of science mathematics education have been supported by the state departments of education, the National Science Foundation, and the National Center for Education Statistics of the U.S. Department of education. State education leaders, researchers, and professional organizations made major contributions in development of the indicators system through advice on selection of indicators, collecting and reporting data from schools, and disseminating the indicators within states.
The 2007 edition of the Science and Mathematics Indicator series includes four parts:
1. State-level Science and Mathematics Secondary Student Course Enrollments and Teacher Assignments
2. Closing the Gap in Reading and Math: NAEP Trends Show Significant Positive Effects for Almost Half the States.
3. Closing the Gap in Science Achievement: Using NAEP Science Assessment Scores to Analyze State Trends
4. 50-State Analysis of the Preparation of Teachers and the Conditions for Teaching, based on SASS teacher surveys
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- PublicationKey State Education Policies on PK-12 Education: 2008
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- PublicationGuide to United States Department of Education Growth Model Pilot Program 2005-2008
- PublicationTRANSFORMING EDUCATION: Delivering on Our Promise to Every Child
- PublicationState Education Indicators with a Focus on Title I 2001-2002
- PublicationValidity Threats: Detection and Control Practices for State and Local Education Officials
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Executive Summary, 2006
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Recommendations, 2006