Promises to Keep: Transforming Educator Preparation to Better Serve a Diverse Range of Learners
|Publication date||May 2015|
|publication pdf||Promises to Keep|
|Keywords||CEEDAR Center, CEEDAR, Education Worforce, Special Education|
State education chiefs have taken the lead to transform educator preparation across the country. In 2012, CCSSO published Our Responsibility: Our Promise, recommendations for transforming teacher and leader preparation and licensure at a state level. Promises to Keep builds on this work to make sure effective teachers and leaders have the preparation they need to help all students succeed, including students with disabilities.
Promises to Keep is the first document of its kind, in which leading educators help to outline clear policy actions state agencies can take to ensure that their preparation programs are more effective for teachers and principals educating students with disabilities. CCSSO and the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform Center (CEEDAR) convened an advisory group of teachers, state education agency leaders, higher education faculty and advocacy groups to inform these recommendations.
Most importantly, Promises to Keep focuses on all educators in all public schools, as we know all teachers and principals will serve students with disabilities.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- Iowa High School English Teacher Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- Iowa High School English Teacher to Be Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- WebsiteSpecial Education Resources for General Educators
- Education Workforce
- WebsiteSCEL Toolkit for SEAS to Increase District Leadership Capacity
- ProgramThe Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC)
- ProgramThe National Teacher of the Year Program
- ProgramDeveloping and Supporting School-Ready Leaders