Content and Instruction in Focus
|Publication date||October 2011|
|publication pdf||Content and Instruction in Focus|
The Surveys of Enacted Curriculum will pinpoint how instruction aligns with content by guide users to answer critical questions:
- Is what we teach truly aligned with our state standards—the content our students should learn? How do we compare to the Common Core State Standards?
- Do we devote the right amount of instructional time to the right content?
- Can we identify the connection between current instructional practices and low performance relative to certain standards?
- Are our instructional practices consistent with prevailing research on effective practices?
- What types of professional development do our we need?
- ProgramNational Conference on Student Assessment (NCSA)
- ProgramEarly Childhood Education (ECE)
- ProgramEnglish Language Development Assessment (ELDA)
- ProgramEnglish Learners (EL)
- ProgramFormative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- ProgramSocial Studies Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- ProgramTechnical Issues in Large Scale Assessment (TILSA)
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards