Accommodations Manual: How to Select, Administer, and Evaluate the Use Of Accomocations For Instruction and Assessment Of Students With Disabilities
|Author(s)||Christensen, L., Carver, W., VanDeZande, J., & Lazarus, S|
|Publication date||August 2011|
|publication pdf||Accommodations Manual|
CCSSO's Accommodations Manual: How to Select, Administer, and Evaluate the Use of Accommodations for Instruction and Assessment of Students with Disabilities was first developed to establish guidelines for states to use for the selection, administration, and evaluation of accommodations for instruction and assessment of students with disabilities. The first and second editions represent the best thinking about accommodations at the time they were written.
This third edition of the Accommodations Manual represents an update of the previous editions. With Race to the Top (RTTT) initiatives, many states have joined consortia to work together on common assessment systems using technology-based testing platforms. New policy and implementation issues with regard to accommodations for students with disabilities necessitate a revision to this manual.
Throughout this edition of the Accommodations Manual, attention has been given to addressing issues related to providing accommodations on technology-based platforms. Often, these issues have been marked with the symbol of a computer mouse.
Accommodations Manual: How to Select, Administer, and Evaluate Use of Accommodations for Instruction and Assessment of Students with Disabilities represents the best thinking of 2011. We continue to learn more about the effective education of students with disabilities every day, and we expect these materials to evolve and improve every year.
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- PublicationLessons Learned: Implementing and Improving Comprehensive and Balanced Learning and Assessment Systems in High School - A Report for State Education Leaders - Final Report from the Delaware Enhanced Assessment Grant
- PublicationLearning About Assessment: Evaluation of a Ten-State Effort to Build Assessment Capacity in High Schools
- PublicationGuide to United States Department of Education Growth Model Pilot Program 2005-2008
- PublicationDetermining Adequate Yearly Progress in a State Performance or Proficiency Index Model
- PublicationLearning About Assessment: An Evaluation of a Ten-State Effort to Build Assessment Capacity in High Schools
- PublicationELDA Brochure
- PublicationOperational Best Practices for Statewide Large-Scale Assessment Programs 2013 Edition
- PublicationTRANSFORMING EDUCATION: Delivering on Our Promise to Every Child
- PublicationImplementer’s Guide to Growth Models