Surveys of Enacted Curriculum (SEC)
|publication pdf||SEC PD Online|
|Link||Surveys of Enacted Curriculum Online Tool and Data Reporting|
The Surveys of Enacted Curriculum (SEC) is a practical and reliable set of data collection tools being used with teachers of math, English language arts, science, and social studies to collect and report consistent data on current instructional practices and content being taught in classrooms. The resulting data, reported online, provides an objective method for educators to analyze the degree of alignment between current instruction and state standards and assessments.
Through the SEC, users are able to: obtain reliable indicators of alignment and evaluate improvement initiatives for state education agency leaders and specialists; use a data-driven improvement tool that combines instructional data and achievement data and facilitates discussion of effective practices for district leaders and teachers; and, assess needs of teachers and schools to target assistance to educators for evaluators of programs.
Created through a partnership between the Council of Chief State School Officers and the Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER), the SEC has operated since 1998, and has provided data services and assistance to educators in over 30 states and hundreds of schools. For any additional information about the SEC, please contact WCER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WebsiteSurveys of Enacted Curriculum Online Tool and Data Reporting
- PublicationSurveys of Enacted Curriculum: Content & Instruction In Focus
- PublicationContent and Instruction in Focus
- PublicationHow to Use SEC Charts to Compare Common Core State Standards with prior State Standards
- WebinarWebinar: The Use of the Surveys of Enacted Curriculum (SEC) Data and Transition to the Common Core
- WebinarWebinar: Common Core State Standards for Mathematics: Shifts and Implications for Instruction
- WebinarWebinar: Language Arts Instructional Strategies for Special Education Teachers and All Teachers
- WebinarWebinar: The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts: Shifts and Implications for ELA Instruction
- WebinarWebinar: Transition to the CCSS for Teachers of Student with Significant Cognitive Disabilities" Aligning Instruction to Standards
- WebsiteImproving Teaching and Learning Using SEC Data: Online Professional Development with CCSS