State Policy Research
While working on information system design elements, CCSSO is also focusing on the products of those systems - namely the use of relevant information about education to help facilitate the best decision-making possible. CCSSO is beginning to fill a void in the information enterprise: asking and answering hard questions that arise from education data. Our goal is to allow chiefs and state education agency officials greater participation in the national and international research agenda. CCSSO is collaborating on this innovative and necessary work with partners including the Institute for Education Sciences, state assessment directors, regional education laboratories in the Knowledge Alliance, university-based research centers, and international organizations.
CCSSO has long been a leader in collecting and reporting key education indicators relevant in state policy-making. Now, our policy research arm is working across the four CCSSO strategic initiatives to investigate key research questions, identify clear findings, and analyze and report patterns and trends across the states. The Council's goal in conducting education policy research is to assist education administrators and policymakers in making informed decisions to improve teaching and learning across the nation.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- PublicationKey State Education Policies on PK-12 Education: 2008
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- CCSSO-CII Partnership Initiative to Survey SIG Implementation
- PublicationGuide to United States Department of Education Growth Model Pilot Program 2005-2008
- PublicationState Education Indicators with a Focus on Title I 2001-2002
- PublicationValidity Threats: Detection and Control Practices for State and Local Education Officials
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Executive Summary, 2006
- PublicationMathematics & Science Education Task Force Recommendations, 2006