State Collaboratives on Assessment and Student Standards (SCASS)
The State Collaboratives on Assessment and Student Standards (SCASS) strive to develop and implement high standards and valid assessment systems that maximize educational achievement for all children. Over the past 20 years, SCASS has brought State Education Agency (SEA) career service professionals together to solve complex problems impacting the states. SCASS groups are formed in response to specific project needs. Some SCASS groups focus on specific content areas like science, math, social studies, or English language arts. Others focus on policy, psychometric problems, or technology. Membership in SCASS represents an investment that sees its value leveraged and returned many times over through advocacy, program involvement, and professional development.
- Accountability Systems and Reporting (ASR)
- Assessing Special Education Students (ASES)
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Formative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- School and District Improvement (SDI)
- Social Studies Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- Technical Issues in Large-Scale Assessment (TILSA)
- To learn more about SCASS membership, please click here.
- For a list of the upcoming meeting dates, please click here.