State Collaboratives on Assessment and Student Standards (SCASS)
The State Collaboratives on Assessment and Student Standards (SCASS) strive to develop and implement high standards and valid assessment systems that maximize educational achievement for all children. Over the past 20 years, SCASS has brought State Education Agency (SEA) career service professionals together to solve complex problems impacting the states. SCASS groups are formed in response to specific project needs. Some SCASS groups focus on specific content areas like science, math, social studies, or English language arts. Others focus on policy, psychometric problems, or technology. Membership in SCASS represents an investment that sees its value leveraged and returned many times over through advocacy, program involvement, and professional development. Please click for our Spring/Summer meeting dates.
- Accountability Systems and Reporting (ASR)
- Assessing Special Education Students (ASES)
- Early Childhood Education Assessment (ECEA)
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Formative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- Science Education Assessment (SCIENCE)
- Social Sciences Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- Supports and Interventions
- Technical Issues in Large-Scale Assessment (TILSA)
State Membership: SCASS Membership fees support the attendance of two state members at three SCASS meetings, the CCSSO infrastructure and staff to support meeting logistics and leadership, as well as providing the SCASS with a budget to fund related research projects, leverage state resources, and create professional development products for member use.
|State Membership Fee Chart|
|State Membership||2 Attendee||$16,500|
|Single State Membership||1 Attendee||$12,500|
Affiliate Membership: Affiliate Membership is designed for educational institutions such as school districts, centers of higher education, or foundations. SCASS can benefit greatly from the participation of Affiliate Members who provide a different point of view than State Members. In addition to the advantages for State Members, Affiliate Members benefit from direct participation in the discussion, debate, and committee work with SEA professionals. Affiliate Members pay a participation fee to belong to a SCASS. The fee pays for one person to attend all meetings (including travel, hotel, and food) in addition to meeting logistics and other work of the SCASS.
|Affiliate Membership Fee Chart|
Business Partner Membership: Business Partner Membership is for education organizations that support states, such as test publishers, scoring or data processing services. Business Partner Members benefit from direct participation in the discussion, debate, and committee work with SEA professionals. Business Partner Members pay a participation fee to belong to a SCASS. The fee helps support meeting logistics and other work of the Collaborative but does not cover travel or expenses related to meeting attendance. CCSSO Business Partners are recognized for their contributions to the Council's work with discounted SCASS Business Partner Member fees.
|Business Partner Membership Fee Chart|
|Annual Revenue of Organization||Tier 1 CCSSO Business Partner||Tier 2 CCSSO Business Partner||Tier 3 CCSSO Business Partner||Non-CCSSO Business Partner|
Next Steps to Join One or More 2013-2014 SCASSs:
- Click on the names of the SCASSs you wish to join for 2013-2014 to learn more and begin the process
- After clicking on the individual SCASS name, you will find more information about the SCASS, its mission and how your state and SEA will benefit from participating
- Below is the Membership Form for each level of SCASS membership
- Click the appropriate form, print it, fill it out and fax it back to the number at the bottom of the form
- All forms are two pages, please fax or email both pages.
Contact Us: If you would like to learn more about SCASS, please contact: Joe Crawford Senior Program Associate