Education Leadership Program
Since 2000, the Council of Chief State School Officers has worked in partnership with The Wallace Foundation on supporting the differentiated and shared roles, responsibilities, and authority that our education leaders play in the 21st century learning context and improving the system that supports this new and collaborative type of work.
Chief state school officers mobilize key stakeholders to implement effective strategies and conditions for leadership excellence in their communities and states. We believe engaging stakeholders at the state, district, and school level is critical to ensuring sound policy development and effective implementation.
The generous funds from The Wallace Foundation has enabled CCSSO to
- Work directly with a network of states and districts
- Provide technical assistance to states
- Lead a national consortium of organizations working in the area of education leadership
- Form strong learning communities with states, districts, and the research community
- Share the latest information in the field
- Connect this to our former ISLLC standards work an our teacher quality initiative