Webinar: CCSSO Briefing Transforming Educator Preparation and Entry into the Profession
This is a CCSSO webcast of the release of Our Responsibility, Our Promise, Transforming Educator Preparation and Entry into the Profession at that occured in Washington, DC on December 17, 2012. The webcast features Thomas Luna, Idaho Superintendent of Public Instruction, Jason Glass, Iowa Director of Education, Gene Wilhoit, CCSSO Executive Director, moderated by Chris Minnich, incoming CCSSO Executive Director.
Our Responsibility, Our Promise, Transforming Educator Preparation and Entry into the Profession was written by a CCSSO task force composed of current and former chief state school officers, with input from the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) and the National Governors Association (NGA).This report is a call to action for chiefs, and an invitation to stakeholders in the broader educator preparation community, to join us in supporting the implementation of the recommendations put forth in this report. While the report focuses on specific state policy levers chiefs can activate specifically licensure, program approval, and data collection, this work will require the collective leadership of all stakeholders in P-20 education.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- Iowa High School English Teacher Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- Iowa High School English Teacher to Be Named National Teacher of the Year at White House Ceremony
- WebsiteSpecial Education Resources for General Educators
- Education Workforce
- WebsiteSCEL Toolkit for SEAS to Increase District Leadership Capacity
- ProgramThe Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC)
- ProgramThe National Teacher of the Year Program
- ProgramDeveloping and Supporting School-Ready Leaders