State of the States: Open Educational Resources in K-12 Education
|Publication date||November 2014|
|publication pdf||State of the States: Open Educational Resources in K-12 Education|
The implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) will create new opportunities for states to collaborate and leverage investments of public funds around materials, resources, and professional development related to digital content that can be more freely accessed, used and shared across states.
Several states expressed an interest to the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) in exploring the development and dissemination of this digital content in the form of open educational resources (OER), which are teaching materials licensed for free use and repurposing. In response to that interest, CCSSO conducted a survey of states in May 2014 to collect information about the current 'state of the states' as it relates to OER. This report highlights those results and provides examples of ongoing work related to OER. This report also strives to inform and connect those chiefs and senior level state education agency (SEA) staff interested in OER to encourage cross-state understanding and collaboration with the potential to both share content and resources in this space.
- PublicationDoes Teacher Professional Development Have Effects on Teaching and Learning? Analysis of Evaluation Findings from Programs for Mathematics and Science Teachers in 14 States
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards
- PublicationKey State Education Policies on PK-12 Education: 2008
- PublicationEffects of Teacher Professional Development Gains in Student Achievement: How Meta Analysis Provides Evidence Useful to Education Leaders
- CCSSO-CII Partnership Initiative to Survey SIG Implementation
- PublicationGuide to United States Department of Education Growth Model Pilot Program 2005-2008
- Education Data & Information Systems
- ProgramEducation Information Management Advisory Consortium (EIMAC)
- ProgramState Growth Models for School Accountability: Progress on Developing and Reporting Measures of Student Growth
- PublicationTRANSFORMING EDUCATION: Delivering on Our Promise to Every Child