CCSSO Webinar: Introduction to the K-8 Publishers’ Criteria for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics for Publishers
Date: October 23, 2012
Time: 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET (Recording)*
Description: The endorsers of the publishers' criteria — CCSSO, the National Governors Association, the National Association of State Boards of Education, Achieve, and the Council of Great City Schools — cohosted a webinar to introduce publishers to the K-8 Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Publishers' Criteria, released in July 2012, aim to support faithful CCSSM implementation by providing criteria for materials aligned to the Standards. Jason Zimba, a member of the CCSSM writing team and a codeveloper of the Publishers' Criteria, and Beth Cocuzza, Director of Mathematics for Student Achievement Partners, walked participants through the criteria and discuss the recommended uses of this highly anticipated document.
*This recording includes a section with diminished sound quailty during Jason Zimba's presentation (starting around slide 22). A similar webinar was hosted on October 22. You may listen to the recording of that webinar to capture what was discussed during that segment of the presentation.
- ProgramNational Conference on Student Assessment (NCSA)
- ProgramEarly Childhood Education (ECE)
- ProgramEnglish Language Development Assessment (ELDA)
- ProgramEnglish Learners (EL)
- ProgramFormative Assessment for Students and Teachers (FAST)
- ProgramSocial Studies Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction (SSACI)
- ProgramTechnical Issues in Large Scale Assessment (TILSA)
- PublicationAlignment and the States: Three Approaches to Aligning the National Assessment of Educational Progress with State Assessments, Other Assessments, and Standards