CCSSO Announces Innovating ESSA Educator Engagement Grants for States
The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) is pleased to announce that CCSSO is offering states an Innovating ESSA Educator Engagement Grant opportunity designed to increase the state's capacity and efforts to meaningfully engage with educators around the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
The Innovating ESSA Educator Engagement Grants are available for up to $10,000 and will specifically assist states that are focused on the following:
- Increasing the racial and ethnic, socioeconomic, geographic diversity of teacher voices in the design of the state plan,
- Coordinating with teacher organizations in creating and submitting the state ESSA plan and future policy work, and
- Creating innovative strategies for engaging educators to communicate about and implement the state's ESSA plan.
States will be asked to submit a short application to CCSSO by February 24, 2017. CCSSO will convene a group a teacher leaders to review the proposals through a blind selection process. Grantees will be awarded on a rolling basis as applications are submitted.
Use of Funds:
- Grants will be awarded up to $10,000 and can be used for (but are not limited to):
- Stipends for teachers to lead ESSA engagement activities (ex. Creating ESSA Teacher Leader Fellows who review state plans or engage in community outreach.)
- Expenses for teacher participation (ex. travel costs or substitute teacher fees)
- Subgrants to external organizations who partner to host and/or lead ESSA engagement activities
- Administrative and convening costs associated with ESSA meetings with educators
- Teacher surveys and focus groups
To submit an application, please click here. If you have questions about the Innovative ESSA Educator Engagement Grants, please contact Paul Ferrari at email@example.com or Angie Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.