Wednesday April 23, CCSSO hosted state chiefs from Maryland, North Carolina, New Mexico and Tennessee to talk about Common Core Implementation in their states.
News & Events
CCSSO President and Kentucky Commissioner of Education, Terry Holliday delivered an address before state leaders from across the country taking stock of the state of state education.
Today, the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) announced that educators from Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia are finalists for the 2014 National Teacher of the Year. The National Teacher of the Year spends a year representing educators across the country and advocating on behalf of the teaching profession. Outside of their classrooms, the four finalists focus on sharing their knowledge with colleagues through mentorship, staff development and training opportunities to help ensure every teacher is equipped to prepare all of their students for success.
- April 16-18, 20142014 EIMAC Spring Meeting San Diego, CA
- April 26 - May 22014 CCSSO National Teacher of the Year (NTOY) Recognition WeekWashington, DC
- May 6-10, 20142014 National Summit on Educator Effectiveness/NTEP MeetingSan Antonio, TX
- May 12-15, 2014SCASS Spring MeetingSan Diego, CA
- May 13-14, 2014ICCS Communications MeetingSan Diego, CA
- May 15-16, 2014CCSSO ICCS Annual SummitSan Diego, CA
- May 28-30, 2014Rural States Consortium: Addressing Rural Education IssuesDenver, CO
- July 10-12, 2014Summer InstituteOrlando, FL
- Nov 20-22, 2014Annual Policy ForumSan Diego, CA
Upcoming Member Meetings