Today, the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) announced that educators from Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia are finalists for the 2014 National Teacher of the Year. The National Teacher of the Year spends a year representing educators across the country and advocating on behalf of the teaching profession. Outside of their classrooms, the four finalists focus on sharing their knowledge with colleagues through mentorship, staff development and training opportunities to help ensure every teacher is equipped to prepare all of their students for success.
News & Events
CCSSO's Education Data and Information Systems team will continue its work on Open Educational Resources (OER).
CCSSO executive director Chris Minnich released the following statement in response to the 2012 Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) results released today.
- January 10-11, 2014Board of Directors Meeting Alexandria, VA
- January 29-31, 2014NTEP MeetingSavannnah, GA
- February 3-7, 2014SCASS Winter MeetingLouisville, KY
- February 11-12, 2014CCSSO Cross-State Meeting of Rural States and Common Core CommissionsMinneapolis, MN
- March 16-18, 2014Legislative ConferenceWashington, DC
- July 10-12, 2014Summer InstituteOrlando, FL
- Nov 20-22, 2014Annual Policy ForumSan Diego, CA
Upcoming Member Meetings